The Hong Kong Paralympic Committee & Sports Association for the Physically Disabled (HKPC&SAPD) is the national member of International Paralympic Committee (IPC) with the vision of Enabling Hong Kong Paralympic Athletes to Achieve Sporting Excellence. With the introduction of the Elite Vote Support System for Disability Sports by the Hong Kong Sports Institute, the HKPC&SAPD is inviting candidates to apply for the post of Head Wheelchair Fencing Coach under the Pilot Scheme for Preparation for Indonesia 2018 Asian Para Games. The employment contract will end on 31 March 2019.
Head Wheelchair Fencing Coach (Contract)
- To oversee the planning, design, implementation and evaluation of the sport training programme in line with the agreed and competition aims of HKPC&SAPD;
- To recruit and lead a team of coaching staff;
- To ensure athletes of all levels are well managed and facilitated with utmost training environment;
- To prepare and manage the operation budget of the sport;
- To lead all regular strategic reporting to HKPC&SAPD;
- To ensure that all scientific, medical, education and other athlete support services are fully utilised and integrated into the sport programme to enhance elite training outcomes;
- To establish a systematic athlete development pathway.
- University degree or higher education;
- Holder of national level coaching certificates or relevant accreditation;
- Over 7 years’ experience in coaching;
- Substantial skill in overseeing the development of the sport from elementary level to elite level;
- Proven record in medal achievement in major international competitions;
- Demonstrated ability to utilise sports science and sports medicine to add value to the training and coaching process;
- Excellent interpersonal/ analytical/ evaluation/ planning skills;
- Competency in formulating and managing budget resource;
- Understanding of the local rehabilitation network for people with physical impairment;
- High level of computer literacy;
- Strong links with the relevant international bodies;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Knowledge and experience in international wheelchair fencing development will be an advantage; and
- Awareness/ knowledge of Child Protection in sport and equal opportunity issue in the context of Hong Kong are an added advantage.
Salary will depend on qualification and related working experience. Annual leave, Mandatory Provident Fund and Medical Insurance will be provided.
Please send full resume with cover letter, current and expected monthly salary to The General Secretary, HKPC&SAPD (Address: Unit 141-148, G/F, Block B, Mei Fung House, Mei Lam Estate, Shatin, N.T.)
or email (email@example.com
) on or before 15 May 2018
For those who do not receive our reply after one month from the date of the application deadline should consider their applications unsuccessful.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Data collected will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.